Henry Van Dyke once said "Use the talents you possess - for the woods would be a very silent place if no birds sang except for the best. " In this unfathomable network of blogs, ideas and intellectuals, I might be just another tiny speck of dust. But while flexing my brains amidst the heavy books of engineering, science and technology, I do crave for my ideas to be articulated; my thoughts to be delineated. So here's the blogspot rendering me ANOTHER CHANCE............a chance to grow up, a chance to live a new life, a chance to learn and a chance to write.
Introducing myself, I am Avinash Upadhyaya a part-time writer, full-time dreamer and engineering graduate from the Birla Institute of Technology & Science, Pilani (India). I hail from Dhemaji a small remote town in Assam - the north-eastern part of India.

Tuesday, January 27, 2015

I Just Saw Death

I just saw Death
In the chilling night
Manacles choking my breath
Killing with His might

Where was I made to atone?
Were those snowy roads in Shimla?
Were those picturesque lanes in London?
Was it just my cold villa?

There he was with his mug of coffee
Glancing at me - from my window seal
There I was addicted to smokes of poppy
Raising his fist in wild vengeance - to kill

I knew it was Death
Bells were ringing over in the citadel
I guessed He was Macbeth
She was no victim but an infidel

1 comment:

  1. just dropped by to say, read 'The girl from India-I' in Sunday Reading (and browsed for your blog, the search was worthwhile, enjoyed reading the posts), looking forward to read the next part.
    Regards, Pooja

    ReplyDelete