Henry Van Dyke once said "Use the talents you possess - for the woods would be a very silent place if no birds sang except for the best. " In this unfathomable network of blogs, ideas and intellectuals, I might be just another tiny speck of dust. But while flexing my brains amidst the heavy books of engineering, science and technology, I do crave for my ideas to be articulated; my thoughts to be delineated. So here's the blogspot rendering me ANOTHER CHANCE............a chance to grow up, a chance to live a new life, a chance to learn and a chance to write.
Introducing myself, I am Avinash Upadhyaya a part-time writer, full-time dreamer and engineering graduate from the Birla Institute of Technology & Science, Pilani (India). I hail from Dhemaji a small remote town in Assam - the north-eastern part of India.

Monday, January 18, 2010

End of a saga

 Indubitably, Jyoti Basu’s death turned out to be the News of the Day. As the Union Home Minister P. Chidambaram described Basu  “….. He strode like a colossus on the Indian political scene for several decades. He was a great patriot, a great democrat. He lived a full life.” I would not dare try to fill  up my blog space unfolding my views on the Left or Right Front .Of course as my little knowledge tells me some principles of Marxism regarding economic or social egalitarianism do deserve accolades. But “a little knowledge” being a “dangerous” thing, I would better keep myself aloof from this squabble or argument. No matter whatever one calls this dispute but Jyoti Basu, one of the greatest Marxist who ever lived in the nation was indeed a prodigious politician. It is not everyone who would unhesitatingly decline to be the Prime Minister of India (In 1996 Basu declined the United Front’s offer to lead the federal government as the PM). One really needs to be beyond the ordinary to govern an Indian  province as the Chief Minister for 23 long years (Basu was the CM of West Bengal from June 1977 to November 2000).

 The death of Basu made our nation lose another illustrious star of modern India.

4 comments:

  1. good to see that modern day techie people like you still think that Marxism is egalitarian.

    ReplyDelete
  2. but my dear friend............wat do u hv to say abt d fact dat india's most prosperous state till d early 80s n it's present condition.......


    priyadarshi amar

    ReplyDelete
  3. hope 2 read more blogs of urs

    ABHINAV

    ReplyDelete
  4. but avinash ,i personally find the concept of marxism too idealistic.it just can't work out in any part of the world.take russia,north korea ,venezuela and most recently west bengal.it just stagnates the whole economy.for 23 years ,the left was in power in WB,but what has changed??only one ,as i see,now they've get maoists to share space with.

    ReplyDelete