Henry Van Dyke once said "Use the talents you possess - for the woods would be a very silent place if no birds sang except for the best. " In this unfathomable network of blogs, ideas and intellectuals, I might be just another tiny speck of dust. But while flexing my brains amidst the heavy books of engineering, science and technology, I do crave for my ideas to be articulated; my thoughts to be delineated. So here's the blogspot rendering me ANOTHER CHANCE............a chance to grow up, a chance to live a new life, a chance to learn and a chance to write.
Introducing myself, I am Avinash Upadhyaya a part-time writer, full-time dreamer and engineering graduate from the Birla Institute of Technology & Science, Pilani (India). I hail from Dhemaji a small remote town in Assam - the north-eastern part of India.

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Random Thoughts

What do you do when you realise that you have to sit in half a dozen exams in less than a week? And then you remember that it has been ages since you have touched a book. A sensible mind might prefer to go and study, so that at least something hopeful might be generated. Some other extra-sensible minds might think of taking things in the "lighter" sense. Facing with such a situation in BITS has been a habit for people like us who have to live in a world filled with exams, exams and exams. Still, we mange to do so much of other things in this world.

The last few months have been eventful for me. I have ventured into doing new things, plunged my nose in new adventures and witnessed some of the diversity in this planet. Yes, a few months back I was very close to the snow-capped Himalayas. I witnessed the dreary Aravallis. I perceived the extent of the never ending Arabian Sea. And I come from a place which itself is a piece of Nature's most exuberant creations. (Come to the North-East and you will feel its beauty!!)

Nature has always mesmerised me. I find beauty in the semi-arid small town of Pilani. It is nature's way of showing her diversity. The same diversity that we see in human-beings. And still the unity that persists. 

Wasn't the unity divulged when millions across the nation prayed and cheered India to victory in the cricket World Cup. Watching the semi-finals and finals in the jam-packed BITS audi with tricolour in our hands and faces makes me feel privileged. I was a part of the historic moment!!!

Isn't the unity divulged when a nation stands united to support a 73-year old man fighting against the rampant corruption in this democracy. This is the same land 
where 72% of its population live below the age of 40. 

Regrets, I could not attend the "Support for Anna Hazare" movement in our college owing to two exams I had yesterday.

I can't help wondering how many people who have been successful in their lives had been successful in their exams too !!!!






 

No comments:

Post a Comment